Monday, October 28, 2013

Observation 1

For my first observation, I used the computer/camera to scan the area in my microaquarium. I got around 15 minutes of solid observation before the video camera started to glitch; however, I did notice significantly more activity and organisms. I was not able to take any pictures or videos this week, but Professor McFarland did add some food (one beta food pellet) to the aquariums, so I am very excited to see what's in store for next week.  The organisms that I noticed this week were floating around in the open water.  I am optimistic because this water source is "the most ecologically significant aquatic area in the basin... of the French Broad River" (WNCA).  There were no dead organisms at the bottom of my tank.  I will start to post pictures of organisms this week when I return to the lab.  

No comments:

Post a Comment